Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician
JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
Crystal Fountains, a renowned global leader specializing in premium water feature design and manufacturing, was established in 1967. With offices spanning Canada, the Middle East, and Europe, we proudly hold the moniker of the “Sherpas” within the water feature industry. Our unwavering commitment centers on prioritizing our customers and ensuring their seamless experience while safeguarding them from potential challenges.
Job Details & Requirements
As a Quality Assurance Technician at Crystal Fountains, your role will be pivotal in ensuring top-notch quality across all products and processes, with a special emphasis on incorporating lean manufacturing methodologies. You will be instrumental in driving efficiency and quality from the inspection stage to the final delivery of products.
- Conduct quality inspections for incoming materials and parts from external vendors, as well as in-house fabricated components.
- Document, analyze, and use vendor quality statistical data to develop and enhance vendor performance scorecards.
- Implement corrective actions for non-compliance issues with vendors, applying lean principles to streamline this process.
- Develop and refine vendor and product sampling plans using data-driven lean approaches.
- Perform quality inspections of final products before shipment and conduct in-process inspections of sub-assemblies.
- Manage and optimize the Non-Conformance Report (NCR) system.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to develop and enforce vendor quality standards, including lean manufacturing requirements.
- Conduct thorough vendor audits ensuring adherence to the Supplier Quality Manual and effective implementation of NCR corrective actions.
- Apply lean methodologies such as 5S, Kaizen, and value stream mapping to enhance the efficiency of quality assurance processes.
- Oversee the calibration and maintenance of measuring instruments.
- Perform internal line audits, identifying and addressing barriers to consistency in builds using lean solutions.
- Actively manage and analyze data from various sources (Vendor Score Card, FRACAS) for process improvements driven by lean principles.
- Support and champion the company’s Quality Management System, integrating lean methodologies for sustained improvement.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Quality Assurance
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles in a quality assurance setting.
- Proficiency in data analysis and lean-driven decision-making.
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with vendors and team members.
- Familiarity with ISO:9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Skilled in conducting quality audits with a focus on lean methodologies.
- Committed to the principles of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Experience with ERP systems – Epicor preferred
- Strong Skills in MSOffice, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- XRF Level 1 certified
- IPC-A-610 certified
No opportunity that’s a match?
We’re always looking to add new talent to join our team!
Drop us your resume and we will reach out to you when an opening arises.