JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
Position Summary / Purpose of Position
The Engineering Manager at Crystal Fountains is responsible for proactive planning and organizing of day-to-day and long-term management of Crystal’s Product and Process Engineering teams. They will own all Engineering processes from sales forecast to post-commissioning and warranty. They will minimize Engineering risks by ensuring that Crystal’s products and methods meet all applicable standards, codes, and industry best practices.
- Leader of High Performing Engineering Teams with a Continuous Improvement culture
- Developing Strategies for highly reliable product designs for New and Custom products
- Costing and Estimating of custom and standard products
Manage High Performance Teams
Manage engineering using philosophies of accountability and continuous improvement
- Build High Performing teams
- Build succession plans
- Making sure you have a “Following” – You keep talent
- Flexible workforce – Cross training
- Be approachable and encourage people to speak freely
- Set specific goals, targets, and standards of performance for all direct reports
- Ensure goals are reasonable and achievable
- Measure results, review with employees
- Is completely familiar with Continuous Improvement and Lean tools. Gemba, Pareto, data collection, etc. Participates in Kaizen events. Encourage experimentation.
- Ensure the availability of resources to support continuous improvement activities
- Formally track quality-related issues with the quality department
- Ensure the practices of “effective communication” are maintained. Coach those who need it.
- Participates in networking and education – self-development
- Be a Believer in Visual Manufacturing, visual aids develop and maintain Tier 1 and Tier 2 reporting formats
- Attend daily operations meetings
- Develop and manage department budget
- Review performance of all direct reports quarterly
Develop Strategies for highly reliable new and custom products
- Create and maintain proactive design information systems to ensure excellent drawing, specification, bills of material, and all build information quality.
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001 document control systems
- Create and maintain proactive design systems to ensure products meet or beat budget and on-time delivery.
- Lead the “new product launch” process in engineering and manufacturing so that the quality and reliability of a new product is ensured
- Removing waste from our Product Manufacturing
- Improve margins
- Analyze product costing data
- Ensure the accuracy of standard costs within the system
Costing and Estimating of custom and standard products
- Work with Procurement and Manufacturing to produce an accurate, on-time estimation of custom product cost and lead time.
- Ensure that estimates are used as cost and production time targets for custom product production
- Work with procurement and manufacturing to produce accurate, on-time estimations of new products.
- Maintain estimate vs actual cost analysis, with variance and trendlines.
Continuously reduce the cost and complexity of our products and systems
- Continuously improve the processes used in manufacturing
- so they produce consistent quality
- to reduce labour content and improve efficiency
- to optimize material usage and reduce scrap
- Continuously improve system data for engineering processes including production rates, work instructions, in-process drawings, and tooling requirements.
- Ensure that our custom product “Design & Build” Processes are customer focused and are effective at creating an experience that our customers love.
- Product health and viability – Lead how we make products and what products should be culled from the herd.
- Consolidate components and products at all levels (FG, WIP, RM) to simplify inventory and production.
- Engineering Risks that the company faces and our customers rely on us to advise them.
- Fountain Design Standards include all disciplines of engineering, including, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- The “Day To Day” Engineering Solutions fulfillment and problem-solving.
- Engineering Documentation, customer information documents (shop drawings, catalogue, etc.)
- Manage & Safeguard Company Assets in your care, such as intellectual property, our proprietary soft wares of “Specifier & Workflow”, engineering databases, fountain design information, product information assets, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering or higher
- 10+ years experience in Product and Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of Engineering Leadership experience with multidisciplinary teams
- Strong Planning and Organizational skills
- Ability to develop key metrics for engineering and disciplined focus on maintaining KPI data
- Project management experience with custom products, PMI training, or certification as an asset
- Experience with Control systems, PLC, and IoT devices
- Ability to lead and manage change within an organization
- Experience with Lean Leadership and Lean manufacturing implementations
- Analytical skills appropriate for effective and proactive management of financial and operational metrics
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
No opportunity that’s a match?
We’re always looking to add new talent to join our team!
Drop us your resume and we will reach out to you when an opening arises.